The Commonwealth Forestry Association’s commitment is pleased to announce the launch of the CFA Young Forester Award 2020 in conjunction with the Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia.
The CFA Young Forester Award provides a short-term work placement of three months hosted by the University of British Columbia at their Malcolm Knapp Research Forest, between September and December 2020, where the successful applicants will be able to develop their practical skills. The Award covers flights, accommodation, local travel, subsistence costs and a small bursary to cover the period of the placement.
The 2020 Award will focus on forest wildlife management. The two winners will assist in a research project focusing on mammal community dynamics in human-impacted ecosystems which will assist in the development of conservation strategies for human-wildlife coexistence.
- Be a national of a Commonwealth country.
- Hold a forestry qualification.
- Be able to exhibit a genuine interest in forest wildlife management.
- Be below 35 years of age on 1st January 2020.
- Be able to travel to Canada and apply for a Canadian Study Permit.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
The Application Form below should be completed and submitted via email to email@example.com by June 15th 2020. The following information must also be sent at the same time:
- An essay of at least 400, but no more than 500, words explaining why you are applying for the CFA Young Forester Award.
- A Curriculum Vitae/ Résumé of no more than two pages.
Short-listed candidates will undergo a Skype interview.
Please note that only applications that meet these requirements will be considered.
To download the application form, click here