AFF has established a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Unit (PMERU) to facilitate the implementation of Results Based Management (RBM) approach in its programmatic work.
The African Forest Forum is now recruiting a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer (PMERO), reporting to the Executive Secretary Duties and responsibilities: The PMERO should:
- Lead in the development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan of AFF’s programmatic work.
- Prepare, maintain and update guidelines and templates for the complete project life cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and update a RBM manual for all AFF projects.
- Spearhead the deployment of an automated Project Management System (PMS) to operationalize the RBM system efficiently.
- Develop a results matrix for all AFF projects.
- Guide the development and monitoring of targets and indicators for outputs, outcomes, and impacts.
- Work with all staff to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate information for an effective M&E system.
- Assist programme staff in the preparation of annual work plans.
- Produce quarterly, semi-annual, and annual Monitoring and Evaluation reports.
- Lead in capturing the impact and success stories from the work of AFF.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Secretary or other immediate supervisor.
Key competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing RBM and automated PMS systems; Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability and keen interest to work in teams;
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks.
Qualification and experience:
- Must have at least a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in planning, monitoring evaluation and reporting.
- Previous experience in developing results based tracking frameworks, performance monitoring plans and methodologies for quality performance monitoring, as well as outcome and impact-based reporting .
- Knowledge of data collection protocols, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate information.
- Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of French is desirable.
Terms of offer:
AFF and ICRAF are equal opportunity employers and offer a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women. The appointment will be for an initial period of two years, subject to a nine (9) months’ probation period. How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should email their CVs and cover letter to HumanResources@cgiar.org , not later than 25th May 2018. Please attach your cover letter and CV/Resume (as one document – labelled with your First Name and Last Name) with the positions title as the subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.