The International Congress on Planted Forests 2023(ICPF2023) will take place in Nairobi, Kenya from 7 to 10 November 2023. ICPF2023 will focus on planted forests as “an essential nature-based solution to meet growing needs in wood products, restore forest ecosystems, and mitigate climate change” and will be structured around 6 complementary sessions:
- New business models: investing into wood production, restoring ecosystem services, and enhancing livelihoods
- Plantation perceptions in the world
- Planted forests and trees, a critical option for and ecosystem restoration
- Planted forests in a decarbonized bioeconomy
- Planted forests facing global change: risks and opportunities
- Optimizing trade-offs across ecosystem services: towards new models of management
The ICPF is a global forum focused on planted forests held under the auspices of the IUFRO task force on resilient planted forests serving society and the bioeconomy, an inclusive expert group bringing together leading global scientists, private sector organizations, NGOs and IGOs. ICPF2023 is jointly organized this year by IEFC, IUFRO, the TreeDivNet network, and CIFOR-ICRAF, with the technical cooperation of FAO. The previous ICPF edition, organized in 2018, in Beijing, China, brought together more than 700 scientists, practitioners and private sector players in the field of planted forests. This year’s edition is the first to be held in Africa.
If you are interested in participating, please submit your proposed abstract(s) by 30 April 2030 here: https://www.iefc.net/icpf-2023-call-for-abstract/.
And for any question, contact the organizers at: ICPF2023@plantedforests.org
This information is shared by AFF on behalf of the Co-organisers: IEFC, IUFRO, TREEDIVNET, CIFOR-ICRAF, with the technical cooperation of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)