CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
February 1st – March 24th
The Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO launch the 14th edition of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Young Talents – Sub-Saharan Africa program, to support young women scientists.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science sub-Saharan Africa regional program aims to promote and encourage the participation of young African women in science. This program identifies and rewards young talented researchers in the formal sciences, life and environmental sciences, material sciences, engineering sciences and technological sciences
Since the inception of the sub-Saharan Africa regional program, the majority of applications received have been from South Africa. Given the importance of the challenges of African scientific research and our commitment to encourage more women scientists across sub-Saharan Africa, the initial regional program has been split into two separate programs:
• A national program dedicated to South Africa
• The regional program for sub-Saharan Africa, dedicated to the 48 other countries of the region
For this 14th edition, 20 endowments will be given to encourage young researchers currently in doctoral or post-doctoral studies to pursue a brilliant scientific career.
• 15 endowments of 10,000 € each, will be allocated to 15 doctoral students enrolled in a doctoral school and in a research laboratory in sub-Saharan Africa
• 5 endowments of € 15,000 each, will be allocated to 5 post-docs working in a laboratory or research institute in sub-Saharan Africa
• Having the nationality of a Sub-Saharan African country.
• Working in a research laboratory or institution in one of the region’s countries or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa*.
• Pursuing research in the field of life and environmental sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
For more information and details on how to apply, download:
- Rules & regulations of the 14th edition young talents sub-saharan Africa L’Oreal-UNESCO for women in Science (English)
- Reglement de la 14 eme edition du programme jeunes talents Afrique subsaharienne L’Oreal-UNESCO pour les femmes et la science (French)
- Call for applications (English)
- Call for Applications (French)
Also visit, https://www.forwomeninscience.com/challenge/show/66
*This information is shared by AFF on behalf of the African Academy of Sciences (AAS)