Apply to be an AAS Affiliate
Applications are invited for the sixth cohort of Affiliates of the African Academy of Sciences.
The AAS Affiliates Programme seeks early and mid-career scientists who demonstrate excellence in their development and application of science in Africa. These individuals become ‘Affiliate of The AAS’ for a period of five years during which they receive individualized professional development support and join a wider community of science leaders on the African continent. Applications close on 24 July 2020.
Why become an Affiliate?
- You will be recognized for your scientific excellence as ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ alongside The AAS Fellows;
- You will receive individualized professional development planning support;
- You will be enrolled into the AAS Mentorship Scheme during the five years;
- You will benefit from a range of career development activities including but not limited to grant writing, publishing, science communication, ethical conduct of research, intellectual property issues, collaborative research, scientific entrepreneurship, etc.
- You will join a platform for networking and collaborating among early and mid-career researchers regionally and globally;
- You will benefit from other AAS opportunities as they become available.