Uganda is a landlocked country in the eastern region of Africa. It has a total land area of about 241,550 km2, most of which is covered by subsistence farmland and grasslands. The country had a population of 30.7 million people by 2009 mid-year (UBOS, 2009) and growing at an annual rate of 3.2%.The population is greatly dependent on agricultural related production for a living which is exerting a lot of pressure on forest resources. The total forested area of the country is about 3.6 million ha, which is 15% of the total land area. In terms of ownership, only 36% of the forests are owned by government and the rest (64%) is under private ownership.