The African Forest Forum, with funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), is organizing a regional workshop aimed at sharing of knowledge and experiences in African forestry on May 20-23, 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Some of the expected outcomes from the workshop include the following:
▪ Actions that will improve forest management and forestry business in Africa identified;
▪ Enhanced exchange of experiences and skills among stakeholders on forest financing in Africa;
▪ A better understanding and appreciation of the state, growth and development of public-private-partnerships in the African forestry sector.
▪ Enhanced exchange of experiences and skills among stakeholders on forestry and climate change related international processes and mainstreaming of the same in Africa;
▪ Policy and institutional frameworks identified that integrate forest related adaptation and mitigation mechanisms in Africa; and
▪ A realistic coping mechanism on gender vulnerability to climate change in identified.