For young climate experts from transition and developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s fellowship programme allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. Fellows are free to choose their own hosts. Submit an application if you come from a non-European transition or developing country and are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change. Up to 20 fellowships will be granted, funded under the Federal Environment Ministry’s International Climate Initiative.
– Bachelor’s or equivalent university degree completed less than 12 years ago
– extensive theme-related work experience or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection
– mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
– clearly visible leadership potential
– monthly fellowship amount between €2,170 – €2,670
– three-week introductory seminar, several-day training course, reception at the Federal Environment Ministry
– up to 2 months intensive German course
– family allowances, lump sum for travel expenses
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2020. The fellowship will commence on 1 March 2021.
For detailed information please visit: www.humboldt-foundation.de/ICF