The AFF Constitution requires that it holds a meeting of ALL members of the African Forest Forum once every five years. This is called the AFF Members’ Forum. The first meeting was held in 2012 and the second one in 2017. The third one is planned for 2022.
The third meeting will take three working days, starting on Tuesday 28 June up to Thursday 30 June 2022. This is to allow members sufficient time to read the documents prepared for the meeting.
Time has been allocated to discuss each agenda item (see agenda below). On the indicated dates that is when views will be exchanged on the agenda item allocated for that day. Once through with it, the next agenda item will be discussed. For each item discussed and for each day, the contributions will be summarised from members and feedback shared, which you might want to react to. This way all can contribute to the discussions and decisions reached by the Forum.
To review the relevant documents, click on the links below:
- Agenda for Third Meeting of Members’ Forum
- June Matters Arising from Governing Council Meeting
- Report on 2nd Members Forum Meeting
- 2021 Annual Project Report (Sida)
- 2021 Annual Project Report (SDC)
- 2020 Annual Project Report (Sida)
- 2020 Annual Project Report (SDC)
- 2019 Final Annual Project Report (Sida)
- 2018 End of Phase 2 Project Report (SDC)
- Overview of Achievements (2017-2022) -Sida (presentation)
- Overview of Achievements (2017-2022) – Sida (narrative report)
- Overview of Achievements (2018-2022) – SDC
- Uptake and impact of work undertaken by AFF
- Administrative and management issues at AFF
- Election guide of the Chair and Vice Chairperson of the Members Forum
Members are urged to take this meeting very seriously and participate effectively; given that there are many things that are affecting our forests and trees outside forests and their eventual supply of ecosystem services.
The African Forest Forum is for our members; it can only be as strong as you make it.
|1. Adoption of the agenda (June 28, 2022)
2. Welcome remarks by Chair of Member’s Forum (June 28, 2022)
3. Matters arising from the report on the Second Meeting of the Members’ Forum (June 28, 2022)
4. Ratification of major decisions made by the Governing Council (June 28, 2022)
|5. Project implementation and achievements
(a) Implementation of projects (June 29, 2022)
(b) Key outputs/achievements (June 29, 2022)
(c) Uptake and impact of work undertaken by AFF (June 30, 2022)
6. Administrative matters (June 30, 2022)
7. Election of next Chair and Vice Chair of the Members’ Forum (June 30, 20,22)
8. Any other business (June 30, 2022)
If you are a member of the African Forest Forum and you have not yet received the Zoom link via e-mail, send a query to email@example.com
Prof. Godwin Kowero
Executive Secretary, African Forest Forum